Tuesday, June 5, 2012

She'll be comin' round the mountain when she comes...

So.
I have arrived.
After a cross-country trek from Cali to NYC yesterday, I was greeted by my roommates with smiles and chocolate cake they had baked me for a my birthday. After hugs and revelry, I finished packing, caught up on the two Game of Thrones episodes I'd missed (SO. GOOD.), and crashed for a few hours.
I met Robbie (our musical director) and John (the other Equity actor in my cast) around 9:30am and proceeded to snuggle around the masses of bags (mostly mine) in the back of an SUV for 6+ hours en route to Jefferson, NH. Two things crossed my mind as we neared our destination:
1. There are a LOT of trees up here.
2. There is NOTHING but trees up here.

We are preeeeeetty secluded out here, but I have to admit, it's beautiful. Once I get my camera, I'll take some nicer pictures, but in the meantime, here's our house, with the park in the background:
 That's actually my bedroom window on the ground floor there. I have my own room, and Hayley and Rebecca are sharing the second room. We have our own living room, TV, and kitchen (with a big ol' oven...eeeexcellent...). Upstairs are the boys (John, Dan, and Cory), and that's it. We are the only inhabitants of this little condo. Super cute. Just down the ridge (out of view in the picture) is the international students' house. The park has a sort of work-visa program with overseas kids who come out for the summer and work the Park. According to Rebecca, most of them come from Eastern European countries, so I guess I'll have to brush up on my Macedonian this summer. :)

That's really all for now. Rebecca, John, and I went on a massive Wal-Mart run and stocked the fridge and got some basic house stuff (it's been many moons since I last purchased a spatula). I got a bottle of bubbly to celebrate our first night together, and we all toasted upstairs with the boys. Here's to a great summer!

1 comment:

  1. This isn't long enough...how will I ever monitor every single thing you are doing?! Is there Afghan food? You know who this is....also....I love you. I'm definitely going to try and make it out there....especially since you have an oven...DUH!!!!! ;-D Te quiero mucho

    ReplyDelete