I can't believe it!
I've actually had a pretty eventful week, though nothing has really changed at the park. They repainted the Elf University..?
Anyway,
Dan and I went to Whale's Tale Water Park last Tuesday and had a blast and a half! I've clearly been spoiled by the epic greatness that is Raging Waters, but Whale's Tale was cute, and we had a nice time. And pizza and beer for lunch! SCORE!
Then I helped Corey learn how to bake blondies, and we had such a fun time. Then again, like I really needed an excuse to bake... He did such a great job, and OH MY GOODNESS those blondies were good!
| champ. |
| Bruce |
The best thing about last week was the plane ride I took with Corey and Haley, piloted by Bruce, who works at the park. He's been flying for 30-some years, and has had his own plane for the last 13 years. He volunteers with Angel Flight and has been giving rides to a lot of the internationals here, giving them a once-in-a-liftime view of the White Mountains for free. His generosity is incredible! And not only that, but he let me pilot for a few minutes while we were up there!! I have honestly never felt exhilaration like that in all my life. I literally piloted a plane at 6,000 feet!! Me!! Me, who is scared of flying!! I'm so grateful to Bruce for giving me and my cast mates this opportunity.
| in the clouds |
I put together a little video of our trip, you can see it here:
John made Family Meal on Sunday night. He made ham, spinach, and cheese quiche with a delicious salad of apples, almonds, and Gorgonzola on the side. I think next week, Dan is going to make pasta sauce, and Rebecca is going to use it on stuffed shells!! It's a double-dip Family Meal! I'm saving my paella for the last Sunday before our contract is over.
| chef! |
And then finally, this morning, big news for Rebecca and Corey...they became Equity! As part of their contract, they received Equity status during the last two week sof their contract, and today was Day 0!! I wrote a little ditty for them and baked them a special cake, and we all got together as a cast and celebrated them this morning.
Here's a video of the event!
Lots more in store for these last two weeks, and hopefully some big news in the future...!
Until next time...!
No comments:
Post a Comment