I meant to post here last weekend, but Oli and I had The Inevitable Talk and we are no more. It's been a very difficult road this last week, but I know in my heart of hearts that it's for the best. The strangest things will set me off, but I'm blessed to be distracted by work.
Speaking of which..
3 1/2 weeks left.
It's about that time where I start to be legitimately concerned about what I'm going to do when the contract ends. As of right now, my only solid plan is to move back in to my friends's apartment in Harlem and go back to serving at Ellen's (assuming they allow me to come back, which I don't forsee being a problem) and jumping right back into auditioning. Not that that's a bad plan, but it is the curse of the performer that we live gig to gig, and not having a booking to look forward to is a little like jumping into a murky lake. At night. And you've only had a couple of swimming lessons. And you're almost positive you saw something moving down there...
IT'S NESSIE!
On a positive note, however, I am still in the running to be the F1 (lead female singer) on the Zuiderdam for Holland America Line. Final casting should be done sometime in the very near future, so I'm thinking as many positive thoughts as possible, and I hope you can join me in that.
I also am in the process of working with Landau Music for possible bookings on cruise ships, but as the band singer, a job I've wanted to explore since I worked on the Maasdam. Not a whole lot of news on that yet, but it's another pot on the fire.
But for now...
Mr. RWS himself, Ryan Stana, is visiting the park today, and I'm excited to meet him. We got gift baskets from our lead director, Amy Cannon, a few days ago, and now we get to meet The Boss Man! Let's hope for good weather and clear voices today.
That's all for now.
Staying positive,
Barrie
Speaking of which..
3 1/2 weeks left.
It's about that time where I start to be legitimately concerned about what I'm going to do when the contract ends. As of right now, my only solid plan is to move back in to my friends's apartment in Harlem and go back to serving at Ellen's (assuming they allow me to come back, which I don't forsee being a problem) and jumping right back into auditioning. Not that that's a bad plan, but it is the curse of the performer that we live gig to gig, and not having a booking to look forward to is a little like jumping into a murky lake. At night. And you've only had a couple of swimming lessons. And you're almost positive you saw something moving down there...
IT'S NESSIE!
On a positive note, however, I am still in the running to be the F1 (lead female singer) on the Zuiderdam for Holland America Line. Final casting should be done sometime in the very near future, so I'm thinking as many positive thoughts as possible, and I hope you can join me in that.
I also am in the process of working with Landau Music for possible bookings on cruise ships, but as the band singer, a job I've wanted to explore since I worked on the Maasdam. Not a whole lot of news on that yet, but it's another pot on the fire.
But for now...
Mr. RWS himself, Ryan Stana, is visiting the park today, and I'm excited to meet him. We got gift baskets from our lead director, Amy Cannon, a few days ago, and now we get to meet The Boss Man! Let's hope for good weather and clear voices today.
That's all for now.
Staying positive,
Barrie
No comments:
Post a Comment