Monday, July 30, 2012

Maybe we'll have some pumpkin pie, and we'll do some caroling...

Only 5 weeks left!

Ryan Stana
I can't believe it's almost August!! We have lots of family members coming in August, as well as an appearance from Mr. RWS [and Associates Entertainment Inc.] himself, Ryan Stana. My own parents and my aunt Gail are coming out next week, and I can't wait to show them around the White Mountains and have some tasty lob-staaaaah! Hopefully, the Weather Gods will smile favorable upon us, since the idea of getting caught in a rainstorm at the summit of Wildcat Mountain is not exactly what I have in mind!

I was on Family Dinner detail last night, and I made my mom's recipe for Pear, Walnut, and Gorgonzola Foccacia, for which she won 1st place in the national Flesichmann's Yeast competition a few years ago. Needless to say, it was a big hit! It's strange to think that all six of us have had a chance to make Family Dinner, and we're back to the top of the rotation again. So far, we've had:
1. Beef Bourguignon (me)
2. Summer Vegetable Lasagna (John, assisted by Rebecca)
3. Chunky Chili (Dan)
4. Chicken Stew and Biscuits (Corey)
5. Beef and Turkey Tacos (Rebecca)
6. Super Cheesy Mac n Cheese (Haley)

Isn't that an incredible line-up? Even the folks who claimed they "can't cook" found out that, well, they were WRONG! :-D All these meals were really good, and I think it means a lot to all of us that we have made a tradition of getting together and eating as a cast once a week. It's easy to get divided as the weeks go by, but to have one night set aside for just us (and yummy food!) is really a blessing. And I can't wait to see what everyone dreams up for their next (and last!) go-around.


We also watched the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics together, and made appetizers to represent different countries. We are adorable. And apparently, a very food-related cast!

In non-food-related news, I have a favor to ask. RWS is putting out a Facebook contest in which the employees of the company get one-on-one session with casting directors and agents is they get 6,000 "Likes" on their Facebook page. Do me a solid and Like their page, please? It would be a huge opportunity for me to be seen by a bunch of industry professionals!! We're currently at 3,365 Likes. Here's the link: RWS and Associates Entertainment Inc.
Thanks!

That's all for now from the White Mountains.


Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment