So...we have officially passed the halfway mark of our contract!
It's been 47 days since we began, with 44 days left to go. I can't say that the time has FLOWN, exactly, but I will admit that it doesn't feel like we've been here for almost 7 weeks. There are days when it feels like we jusst arrived last week, and days that I'm surprised that we're still in July.
I've been going to physical therapy sessions twice a week for a few weeks now, and it's been nice to get some consistent work done on my shoulder. It still hurts, but I'm hopeful, and my therapist is lovely. Luckily, the therapy clinic is only a 10 minute walk from my apartment, so for once I don't feel like a burden on anyone to get me where I want to be. Also, it's a nice walk. :)
Haley is cooking Family Meal tonight (last week was Rebecca, who made an AWESOME taco spread), and Corey will be debuting his original one-act "Three" on Monday night with a staged reading! It's in the apartment, granted, but we're all really excited to see his work on its feet. Speaking of performing, the Santa's Village Idol talent show is next week, and we have nooooo clue what to do. Interpretive rain dance? Synchronized mosquito-swatting? Beat poetry about moose? I'll letcha know..
Dan and I went to see a concert given by Elizabeth Von Trapp (a direct grandaughter of Captain Von Trapp of SOUND OF MUSIC fame) at a church in Lancaster. Her voice is truly beautiful and it was a lovely concert. I would highly recommend looking her up on YouTube! Like here:
It was also really cool to hear "Eidelweiss" sung by a Von Trapp...it made all my musical theatre senses tingle! :)
That's really all for now. I'm looking forward to my parents and my Aunt Gail's visit in a few weeks, and I'm hoping to get some sightseeing in if the friggen rain will let up long enough to let me!!
Until next time...
It's been 47 days since we began, with 44 days left to go. I can't say that the time has FLOWN, exactly, but I will admit that it doesn't feel like we've been here for almost 7 weeks. There are days when it feels like we jusst arrived last week, and days that I'm surprised that we're still in July.
| On the other hand, I got an excuse to make cake. |
I've been going to physical therapy sessions twice a week for a few weeks now, and it's been nice to get some consistent work done on my shoulder. It still hurts, but I'm hopeful, and my therapist is lovely. Luckily, the therapy clinic is only a 10 minute walk from my apartment, so for once I don't feel like a burden on anyone to get me where I want to be. Also, it's a nice walk. :)
Haley is cooking Family Meal tonight (last week was Rebecca, who made an AWESOME taco spread), and Corey will be debuting his original one-act "Three" on Monday night with a staged reading! It's in the apartment, granted, but we're all really excited to see his work on its feet. Speaking of performing, the Santa's Village Idol talent show is next week, and we have nooooo clue what to do. Interpretive rain dance? Synchronized mosquito-swatting? Beat poetry about moose? I'll letcha know..
Dan and I went to see a concert given by Elizabeth Von Trapp (a direct grandaughter of Captain Von Trapp of SOUND OF MUSIC fame) at a church in Lancaster. Her voice is truly beautiful and it was a lovely concert. I would highly recommend looking her up on YouTube! Like here:
It was also really cool to hear "Eidelweiss" sung by a Von Trapp...it made all my musical theatre senses tingle! :)
That's really all for now. I'm looking forward to my parents and my Aunt Gail's visit in a few weeks, and I'm hoping to get some sightseeing in if the friggen rain will let up long enough to let me!!
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment