Sunday, July 1, 2012

I spent Christmas down in Aaaaaafricaaaaa...

So, in total defiance of New England meteorologists everywhere, it has been just lovely and sunny these last few days. It was nothing but rain rain rain in the forecasts, and then BAM: I have a farmer's tan after glad-handing the park guests for an hour outside. Or maybe I should call it an elf tan? :)
This is a good thing, since the last almost-two weeks have been dreary, chilly, and torrentially raining. So while the rest of the country stews in its own sweat and loses their electricity, we worry about our wigs getting wet and trying to making spirits bright under the ominous cumulus clouds.
But enough about the Live Free or Die state's weather issues..
Today's forecast is Puddle-y with a chance of Damp. 

Attendance at the park has been picking up, which means doing fewer shows for a quasi-enthusiastic theater of 10 people. Also, it means many after-work trips to the pool across the street, thankful for the sunshine til 9pm-ish. Elves come in all colors, right? Even Italian/Hawaiian Toasty Summer Brown?  I'm still trying to get up the courage to go blonde this summer, since I'm wigged for all my shows. The hair salons around here are a little dubious, however...
I was visited by Oli for a few days last week, and it was nice to have him around to chase the gloomy days away. Many gingerbread cookies were decorated and eaten, many crossword puzzles were defeated, and one night of international charades were some good times. We went through part of the Kancamangus Highway--which cuts through the White Mountain National Forest--for one afternoon, and despite the rain, the scenery was gorgeous.

Gorgeous? 

Looking forward to the Flume Gorge on Tuesday (the Grand Canyon of New Hampshire, apparently). Also, my parents should be coming out in early August, and I'm very excited! We just got our NEAAPA (Neww England Area Funtime Parks and Such..or something) discount books, with lots of free passes to all kinds of attractions in the area. It looks like it's time to go exploring all that the Granite State has to offer!! Why do I feel like it's going to involve a lot of maple-flavored ice cream and moose-themed souvenirs?
Have a great July 4th week!
Until next time,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment